Chief Physician, Scientific Center for Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery, Ministry of Health of Ukraine, Doctor of Medical Sciences
- Kiev Medical Institute, Pediatrics – 1992
- Kyiv Medical Institute, Anesthesiology Internship – 1992 – 1994
- Ph.D. , theme: “Correction of low cardiac output syndrome in patients with critical birth defects” in specialty 14.01.04 “Cardiovascular surgery” – 2006
- Awarded a title of the Distinguished Doctor of Ukraine – 2013
- Doctoral dissertation on the topic: “Autogemotransfusion technologies in neonatal cardiac surgery” in specialty 14.01.30 – “Anesthesiology and intensive care” – 2015.
- Anesthesiologist , Department of Reanimation and Intensive Care of Neonatal Cardiac Surgery at the National Institute of Cardiovascular Surgery. N.N. Amosova NAMS of Ukraine – 1992 – 2000
- Head of the Department of Resuscitation and Intensive Care of New-born Cardiac Surgery at the National Institute of Cardiovascular Surgery. MM Amosova NAMS of Ukraine – 2000 – 2006
- Head of the department of resuscitation and intensive care of cardiac surgery of newborns at the Scientific-Practical Medical Center of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine 2006 – 2008
- Chief Doctor, Scientific-Practical Medical Center for Pediatric Cardiology and Cardio Surgery of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine 2008 – 2010
- Acting Director, Scientific and Medical Center for Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine from December 2010 to May 2011
- Chief Doctor, Scientific and Medical Center for Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiology of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine from May 2011 to present time.
Honorary Asward from the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine for scientific work 2011.
A Presidential Award of Ukraine: honorary title “Distinguished Doctor of Ukraine”, June 1, 2013 Decree No. 311/2013.
He is a president of six Ukrainian Children’s Anesthetists’ Associations.
Major scientific achievements by Dr. V.N. Zhovnir is associated with the development and introduction into practice of autohemotransfusion technologies in neonatal cardiac surgery in the form of multidisciplinary multifunctional organizational system for the provision of medical care to newborns with congenital heart defects (Air Forces). For the first time in Ukraine in 2015, in his doctoral dissertation V.A. Zhovnar introduced an innovative method that allows doctors to operate using artificial blood circulation, even in newborns with critical birth defects without the use of components of donor blood. Revolutionary system and outstanding results of the described method have no analogues in the world medical practice. In addition, a radical correction of heart defects during the so-called transient hemodynamics, when there is a change in the fetal type of circulation on the postnatal in the first hours of life, allow the child with the transposition of the main vessels to be in a compensated state. As a result, this avoids the use of any medications, artificial ventilation of the lungs, balloon atrioseptostomy , and recovery in the intensive care unit at the preoperative stage, which lasts 2-3 hours from birth. Implementation of the results of the work allowed for the introduction of a coherent and clear algorithm for the interaction of obstetric and neonatal cardiosurgery services, which greatly improved the quality of medical care for newborns with critical air forces.
Participates in fundamental and applied scientific research, developed and implemented innovative scientific and technical methods of treatment of patients with congenital cardiomyopathy and pulmonary hypertension.
VA Zhovnir is a contributor for the research papers: “Fundamental study of immunobiochemical properties of components of cord blood and determination of its use in complex treatment of diseases of the cardiovascular system in children” (2010-2012), and “Research of molecular biological mechanisms of the influence of autologous blood on the body of newborns and infants in the surgical treatment of congenital heart defects “(2013-2015), the head of the applied research work” To develop methods of intensive care and anesthetic support of patients with acute coronary syndrome in diabetes mellitus “(2017-2019). According to the results of the implementation of fundamental works, 1 doctoral dissertation and 4 candidates (3 candidates of medical sciences, 1 candidate of biological sciences) were protected.
According to the results of scientific work d.med.n. V. A. Zhovnir has more than 90 publications,
3 patents for utility model, 1 patent for invention, 1 certificate of registration of copyright for work and 1 clinical protocol for obstetric care. Presidential Award No. 764 of 10/01/2012
In 2009 , NMAPE, certificate of a specialist in “Organization of health care”.
Since 2010, the main freelance specialist of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, specializing in Children’s Anesthesiology and Intensive Care.
Since 2011, the main freelance specialist of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine in the specialty “Anesthesiology and intensive care”.
From 2014, the main freelance specialist of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine on the specialty “Children’s Anesthesiology”.
From 2014 on the order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine from April 11, 2014 № 262 d.med.n. Member of the permanent working group of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine on the issues of special support for the state procurement of medicines, products for cardiac surgery and equipment for health facilities for the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular and vascular diseases.
From 2014, he is one of the members of the working group on the development of a unified clinical protocol for primary and secondary (specialized) medical care for children with pulmonary hypertension.
Honorary torchbearer for the 2004 Athens Olympic Games, awarded for his active participation in humanitarian, sports, medical projects aimed at the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases in children.
In 2011, he was awarded the Order of St. George the Winner.
Organizer of multiple sports and charity events in Ukraine such as “Run under the chestnuts”
Bloodless surgery in children with congenital heart disease, pulmonary hypertension, stem cells, nanotechnology, advanced therapies and medications associated with intensive care (EKMO), extracorporeal membrane oxygenation.