Clinic for Children Kyiv, st. Chornovola 28/1 (044) 238-78-07
Clinic for Adults Kyiv, st. Melnikova, 24 (044) 206-50-08
For hospitalization in the department you need:
1. Registration in the registry on the first floor.
2. Take a direction to hospitalization
3. With this direction, you go down on the first floor to the admission department
Information for patients.
Hospitalization in the department of congenital and acquired heart defects (department for adults).
For hospitalization, you need to call a cardiologist at the following numbers: 099-311-73-79 or 068-652-49-52. During communication with the doctor all the information that interests the patient is provided, as well as all conditions for admission to the department. It is also possible to write us at our e-mail: email@example.com
In the case of planned admission to the in-patient department, the patient needs to be examined.
• Fibrogastroduodenoscopy – for the exclusion of pathology of the gastrointestinal mucosa
• Duplex examination (ultrasound) of the vessels of the head, neck and lower extremities (for the lower limbs – veins and arteries).
• Sanitation of the oral cavity (treatment of chronic inflammatory processes in oral cavity).
5 days before hospitalization, it is necessary to cancel the medications that affect the blood clotting system (aspirin, clopidogrel, warfarin, syncumar, pradaxa, xarelto), injections of sodium enoxaparin (Clexane or Flenox) are prescribed instead of them depending on the pathology in the treatment or prophylactic dose two times per day (the dose is determined by the attending physician at the place of residence or the on-call cardiologist on the above-mentioned phone numbers).
• Consultation of the endocrinologist in the presence of endocrine system diseases (diabetes mellitus, thyroid gland pathology).
• Consultation of a nephrologist in the pathology of the urinary system.
• Consultation of a pulmonologist in the presence of pathology of the respiratory system (bronchial asthma, chronic bronchitis).
• Consultation of a gynecologist in the presence of pathology (in the presence of uterine formations, the permission of a gynecologist for an operation with an apparatus of artificial circulation).
• In the presence of previous surgical interventions and diseases requiring treatment in other medical institutions – it is necessary to provide operative notes and discharge epicrisis.
• Previous electrocardiograms (for analyzing rhythm pathology and determining the dynamics of coronary heart disease).
• Research MRI, CT or CVG, which were made earlier.
Hospitalization preferably on an empty stomach (because of laboratory tests on the day of hospitalization).
The department conducts the following examinations:
• electrocardiogram (ECG) at rest;
• Veloergometry or dobutamine stress test (heart load tests), which are performed to identify patients with ischemic heart disease and / or confirmation of the need for operative treatment;
• Ultrasound examination of the heart, which allows to exclude or confirm the pathology of the heart valves, identify congenital and acquired heart diseases, to suspect the pathology of the coronary arteries
• Coronary angiography (CVG) is performed according to the indications, if it was not performed before hospitalization in other medical institutions. This study allows to identify the pathology of the heart vessels and determine the tactics of their treatment (coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) or stenting in the affected vessel)
• Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the heart for the viability of the myocardium (in the presence of a heart attack and in the presence of an aneurysm of the heart according to ultrasound) or the exclusion of the inflammatory process – this study answers to the following questions: is it necessary surgical intervention (CABG or stenting) ; and is it possible to expect improvement in the condition after the operation.
The plan of hospital stay:
Total stay in the hospital is 7-10 days
• examinations that determine the tactics of treatment;
• surgical intervention;
• period after surgery in the intensive care unit for 2-3 days (with uncomplicated flow). During the stay in intensive care, relatives can visit the patient (after obtaining permission from the emergency attendant on duty)
• transfer from the intensive care unit to the ward, where the patient needs the help of relatives for the first 2-3 days;
• further rehabilitation after 5-7 days. Rehabilitation period patient has in another medical institution, in a rehabilitation sanatorium or at home.
Varbanets Sergiy Valeriovich Head of the Department of Birth and Acquired Disabilities in Children and Adults
Mohnaty Sergiy Ivanovych Cardio-vascular surgeon
Payuk Volodymir Vasylovych Cardio-vascular surgeon
Pukas Oleksanrd Yuriyovych Cardio-vascular surgeon
Yemets Gleb Illich Cardio-vascular surgeon
Tsvyk Andry Sergiyovych Cardio-vascular surgeon
Furman Myroslav Mykolayovych Cardio-vascular surgeon
Mikhail Bula Cardiologis
Marchenko Oksana Yuriivna Cardiologist
Chernetsky Evgeny Oleksandrovych Cardiologist
Shepetko-Dombrovska Olga Georgiivna Cardiologist
Baltayeva Ganna Yuriivna Cardiologist
Diakun Marianna Evgenivna Cardiologist